On Saturday 14 May 2022, the congregation of Somerset West celebrated the 90th anniversary of their church building.
The celebrations could only take place now, due to the Covid pandemic. The work started in 1925 when brother Diedricks was sent to the area to testify and within 6 years a church building could be dedicated during March 1931. CEV Diedricks was appointed as the first rector.
The Apostle Bradley Bourne opened with a prayer and shared some thoughts. Thereafter, the choir and orchestra performed some beautiful musical items. Two of the retired rectors, SH Alvin Hansby and DEV Rowen Felton shared some experiences and history of the congregation. The congregation and visitors then had some fellowship afterwards.