On 15 September 2022, a district meeting was conducted by Apostle Bradley Bourne for the ministers of Westridge District.
The Apostle focused on the following:
- Divine Service: It is important that we refocus on the holiness of the moment of fellowship with the Trinity in a divine service. It is a gathering in which He calls for both the living and the dead and a moment of teaching, perfection, and grace.
- Holy Communion: It is a special point in the divine service where we deeply reflect on His sacrifice and the beauty of the moment of fellowship with Jesus. There should be no physical movement of members during the absolution (forgiveness of sin) and the consecration of the Holy Communion, to ensure reverence for the moment.
- Soul Care: It is important to develop and nurture cordial relationships with our members to create a safe framework to teach them their faith during home visits.
- Funeral Divine Service: A deeper discussion around discovering an appropriate word for a Divine Service was shared.
- Solitude: As ministers, it is important to create regular, quiet time to ponder and pray for those entrusted to our care.
It was wonderful to be together as ministers and to ponder more on the holiness of our calling and tasks. At the conclusion of the meeting, the Apostle greeted the brothers.