On Saturday 17 September 2022, Marriage Counsellors met for a training session at the Family Life Centre in Johannesburg.
District Apostle J Kriel expressed his concern over challenges in marriage and the preparation of couples. For this purpose, he tasked Apostle G Mintoor to facilitate the way forward. Apostles in the Johannesburg area nominated facilitators to attend the training which was presented by the Family and Marriage Society of South Africa (FAMSA).
Some of the focus areas of the workshop included the following:
- Help the couple explore their relationship strengths and growth areas.
- Prime couples for feedback on their relationship.
- Promote honest and personalized dialogue about a couple’s relationship.
- Explore their relationship and their families of origin.
- Help couples learn important skills in the areas of communication, conflict resolution, financial management, and stress management.
- Provide a personality assessment and comparison of the two individuals.